Saturday, September 04, 2021

Family news

 They are finally fixing the ceiling in our dining room and in my bedroom/bathroom,, which were damaged when last year's typhoon blew off part of our skylight in the roof last year. What made it worse was that the plywood was eaten by termites, so we had to remove the plywood and replace it with something that was plasticized enough to be termite proof.

The house is stone, and the main supports are termite resistant hard wood, so should be okay.

But they are fixing my room, which means I am in exile and the odor makes my asthma worse. Sigh.

Kuya is paying his handiman to do this, but the work was slow so I hired a guy to help him. 

More money from my limited pension funds. Sigh.

But at least we won't have cats falling through the holes in the ceiling, something that has happened several times in the past. I should note we have a couple cats, but a few visiting cats have set up shop in our crawlspace above the ceiling, and in the garage/bodega. 

They are feral so the dogs will chase them and once in awhile we find a dead cat or half grown kitten in our kitchen with a happy dog smiling and saying: See what a good dog I am, I killed the evil intruder.

Oh yes: The dogs also are barking at the workmen, but usually settle down after we hush them. Luckily none of them bite visitors, as did our lovely killer Labrador George, who passed away from sarcoma a couple years ago.


No comments: