Tuesday, May 31, 2022

take that adsense. worrying about testosterone causing birth defects is not transphobia

I noticed that my daily viewers fell from over 50 to less than 20 a day a few months ago. Hmm... maybe because search engines no longer link to my blogposts?

and now I got a threatening email saying Adsense is upset about something and demaded that I remove it.

Not sure of what, because I promptly put it into my spam file and reported it (after all, how do I know if it's from adsense, especially since it went to my blogger email, not the email I use for adsense

now, you have to realize that as one of the few women in medicine back in the 1960s, I am used to bullies threatening me (the worst ones were ironically women: because when men tried it, I pushed back as if I were a man.

If they told a dirty joke, I told a dirtier one. If they played a dirty trick, well, they learned to watch their back... I grew up with a brother and knew how men thought. Ironically usually it worked and we remained friends. I should add that unlike many feminists I didn't relate to men in a flirty way, and then cry when the men responded to their come hither body language. I became their sister and was accepted.

Anyway, in for a penny, in for a pound.

....

as for medical articles: usually I only post the complicated articles on my medical blog, but hey, I am defending myself against ignorant Karens who are science deniers.

High testosterone levels in women before pregnancy and during pregnancy is not only a problem for trans folk, although their level of testosterone might be higher 
than in women with PCOS or who are on Danazol for medical conditions or who take anabolic steroids to enhance sports ability have high prenatal testosterone levels.

So studies of problems for these patients could point to the problems that cannot be discussed about the danger to the baby of trans women.


Testosterone plays an important role in mammalian brain development. In neural regions with appropriate receptors testosterone, or its metabolites, influences patterns of cell death and survival, neural connectivity and neurochemical characterization. Consequently, testosterone exposure during critical periods of early development produces permanent behavioural changes. In humans, affected behaviours include childhood play behaviour, sexual orientation, core gender identity and other characteristics that show sex differences...prenatal exposure to high levels of testosterone has a substantial influence on sex-typical play behaviour, including sex-typed toy preferences, whereas influences on core gender identify and sexual orientation are less dramatic. In addition: there appears to be little or no influence of prenatal testosterone on mental rotations ability, although mental rotations ability shows a marked sex difference.

Live Science article from 2012 discusses:Testosterone levels during early fetal development might program certain behaviors later in life, according to a new study that found high levels of the sex hormone in the womb might boost boys' impulsivity later on...

then there is this: the influence of androgens during pregnancy on the uterus etc.

Androgens in pregnancy: roles in parturition  states that normally the ovary produces more testosterone during pregnancy and this has an effect on the maturing of the uterus and cervix before delivery.

Again, we see a high miscarriage rate in women with PCOS:

But the high miscarriage rate in PCOS might be due to other factors (e.g. obesity, insulin resistance) rather than testosterone, so this might have implications for trans pregnancies. (on the other hand, side effects of testosterone include obesity )


The role of serum testosterone in early pregnancy outcome: a comparison in women with and without polycystic ovary syndrome... 

Our findings show that early pregnancy testosterone levels do not predict pregnancy outcome, and they call into question the role of testosterone in causing miscarriage in populations of women with PCOS.

.. more in this article.

the problem is that political correctness might stop people from actually observing and reporting such problems, let alone daring to measure testosterone levels during pregnancy to see if the trans women are still taking their male hormone.

so if adsense thinks that discussing real medical problems about the trans craze shows I have a problem, then screw them.

No comments: