Thursday, August 31, 2023

New Covid Varient: Don't panic. Its no worse than the old omicron

 there is a new covid varient out there, 


and don't forget your towel 

The reference is to Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.

Well, anyway, I did post about it on my medical blog here LINK

and it seems to be mild,

So it could kill or make high risk elders like myself very sick, but the ordinary folk will just get mildly ill and should be okay.

And I had the AZ (adenovirus) shot, so this part won't affect me:

and don't panic: President Biden is ordering a new vaccine for y'all.

 and although having a new vaccine sounds nice, there is now question about the mRNA vaccine lowering your immunity to a different strain. 

There are questions if the mRNA vaccines might make you more prone to get sick because of subtle immune system changes.

That part about the immunology from the mRNA vaccine that might mean your risk of getting covid is higher is a bit technical and is over my head, but the discussion on the imunology behind this problem is discussed on Science magazine here.

and Dr. Campbell discusses the immune problem here

All of this is sort of above my head since these discoveries on how the immune system works was not known when I studied medicine 50 years ago.

but the cynics are there already memeing the new varient.

 there is an election coming up.



or as the BabylonBee (a satire site) announces:

Sigh. I am getting cynical in my old age.

No comments: