Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Family news

 Light blogging, mainly busy with doing ordinary things.

The ceiling in the alcove where we hang clothes indoors (in rainy season) collapsed, so I hired two men to replace it.

the ceiling fell, not from the leaky roof but termites. So they removed the entire ceiling, put up new struts, and sprayed the replacement wood of the ceiling. I guess I should have put up a plasticized ceiling, but never mind. Feral cats tend to run around up there, and we have had several incidents where they fell through the plastic skylight in the ceiling, and one into my bathroom through the white plasticized ceiling there. 

No cats here for two years, when all the cats in the neighborhood disappeard, presumably from an epidemic, and we still have one or two in the garage. I miss my cats but the dogs are aggressive and it's hard to keep kittens alive.

sigh.



Got my yearly checkup, and since my routine lab was okay asked for some advanced tests, which were also normal. Presumably my fatigue is just old age and/or long covid or post dengue fatigue. But my weight has gone up 8 pounds so I will have to start eating less. Sigh.

All the puppies have gone to new homes, but we kept one black female. The father is a neighbor's dog, and large so hopefully she will take after him and be another fairly good sized watch dog. 

Ironically, the larger dogs here are scary but don't bite: it is the mediumsized  mamadog who bit Ruby for getting too close to her puppies.


No comments: