Monday, September 09, 2024

Movie of the week

Formal dancing, like sports, takes talent.

Lolo loved to take me dancing, but alas I am two left feet and not good at it. I remember one time we went to a hospital party and he ended up dancing with all the nurses and I was happy sitting with their husbands talking about football instead.

I took a dance class in college so was able to dance, but I wonder how many people take dance classes nowadays?

Step One: Get a tutor

Step two: Practice.

 

Here is the famous scene from the King and I:


You probably know about the American movie with Richard Geer,

 

but have you seen the original Japanese film it was based on? The elderly lady who runs the dance studio says that she got interested in ballroom dancing by watching the King and I...


...

No comments: