Sunday, August 30, 2026

how to manipulate small meetings

first draft so excuse the mistakes and awkward writing

there are oodles of youtube videos on how to run meetings. Excuse my synicism but I remember the old encounter groups of the sixties where the leader guided everyone and everyone went along with them, except me because I was a stubborn nerd: I mean, I was a medical student at a time when less than ten percent of docs and less than ten percent of my class were women, so I was not obedient. It got so frustrating that I got a nurse to call me out of the meetings with medical problems that required my presence.

Most videos are how to do this, but this one is a good summary:15 Psychological Mind Tricks To Get People To Do What You Want

In Part 1 of this conversation, Fr. Murray takes apart the vocabulary: Sr. Nathalie Becquart calling synodality “a social prophecy” and “a grammar of peace”; the Synod Secretariat classifying Catholics who disagree not as people with differing views but as “resistance”; and the question nobody in Rome has answered — where in the world do we find a Catholic mandate to invent a church in a different way?


so this is how to manipulate people and a bit honest that they are doing it.

,,,,

,,

,,,,

...

,,,

this is first draft but the videos say what I want to say: It's a scam manipulating people, and of course normal folks end up leaving the meeting (as I did in the encounter groups of the sixties)  because they know the emperor is naked

No comments: