Monday, June 24, 2019

Family news

So we got up this morning at 4 am to drive to Manila so I could arrive at immigration at 8am to get my permanent visa renewed. (I had to go in person for the new photo ID card... usually Joy just submits the application yearly for me, but for the new ID I had to go).

And when we arrived, we found it was "Manila day".

No, not a holiday in our area, but apparently a "non working" holiday for government offices to celebrate the 448th anniversary of the founding of Manila.

Sigh.

So we had to drive back, which took longer because the traffic is heavier during the day.

Oh well: It wasn't a complete waste: On the way home we stopped at a restaurant that serves TexMex and I had a burrito. Not the best burrito I've eaten, but the first one I've eaten since I moved to the Philippines.

This afternoon, I went back to bed for awhile while Ruby went back to the doctor to complete her medical exam for her US Student Visa.

The bad news: We will have to drive all the way back tomorrow morning to get the paperwork done.

No comments: