Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Family news

 it's actually cool here during the day.

The plaza and night market were closed for a week and now reopen, meaning the dogs will get up and bark their heads off at those coming home at midnight. Since two of them sleep in my room, that means I have to wake up and let them out of my room: this destroys my sleep cycle. so I am sort of hibernating during the day.

but yesterday it was cool, and didn't rain in the afternoon, so I bought some flowers and left them on Lolo's gravesite after lighting candles and saying a prayer.

I visited there weekly before the covid hit last spring, so it's been six months since I visited.


we cleaned the old dead flower arrangements and swept the floor. We found another light bulb was stolen. and the flower bushes outside the door will have to be cut back: overgrown, with weeds and an insect infestation too. 

Kuya pulled his back out working in the farm, so was in bed for two days and now is starting to go back to work.

Joy had a delivery in Manila. Her organic rice coop offered one kg of rice to be given to cancer patients for every ten kg you buy. So she is delivering the gift rice to a cancer clinic in Manila.

Ruby is on school break in Minnesota and decided to visit New Orleans with her friends. I wasn't aware the tourism is now open, but she is low risk so no problem.




No comments: