Tuesday, October 05, 2021

The good news of the day

 Facebook is down.

and the BabylonBee comments:


Hackers Warn That If Demands Aren’t Met They Will Reactivate Facebook

 

"NOOOOOOOO!" screamed everyone in horror at the thought of being doomed to once again scroll through Facebook's clinically addictive interface, depressing newsfeed, and angry arguments with Aunt Guthrie. "Please! PLEASE! Make Facebook stay gone! Don't let it come back!"

My daughter in law has long banned facebook from her computer after toxic attacks on her daughter's ice skating team made her daughter upset.

I stopped reading facebook because of the toxic stuff posted by my right wing and left wing friends. I mean, I only went there to keep up on the news about my grandkids and to use messenger, not to read every day that Democrats were the spawn of Satan or that all Christians were racist bigots and should be ostracized from society.

Alas, it means I can't keep up on the relatives news, but it is worth it.

And the way things are going, I am wondering if I should just stop reading the news altogether. 

Sigh.

I also read that a couple million people had their personal information hacked from Facebook, but hey, since China already hacked my OPM government file, no problem.

But that hack might explain why my email password was hacked and my  email account used for pfishing attacks. Sheesh.


No comments: